Guatemala Missions Trip – June 2019
Wellspring has been sending adult and family missions trips to Hope of Life International in Guatemala since 2013. We have been in growing relationship with one specific village, El Remolino, and their pastor, Pastor Saul, since 2014. We have outfitted the church with an audio system and instruments, provided the school with supplies, provided clean water filters, built a home and given much in the way of basic supplies to each household. The most important part of our journey has been the opportunity to pray in the families’ homes and to bring the love of God with His message of hope to these desperately poor people.
In preparing for this year’s trip, God has brought us down a very different road. As we have sought Him in prayer there has been no revelation, so far, of any major project, rather it has been clear that He first wants us to look back on last year’s trip.
This Sunday, February 10th, we will have the opportunity to share some of the testimony of the way God led us on our 2018 missions trip. There was an abundance of blessings from the planning stages of that trip all the way through our plane ride home.
Here are some of the highlights:
- We were able to provide over 700 pounds of supplies from home, and purchase another 200 plus pounds of perishable goods in Guatemala for distribution.
- We built a home for the Felipe family, and provided a chicken coop. This has allowed them a business opportunity as well as a food source, and a total transformation of their family.
- Through donations from our 2017 team, we were able to provide Pastor Saul a new motorcycle that will allow him to get up into the remote mountain villages near Remolino, both faster and further, to help him bring the Good News to more people.
- We held a foot washing and shoe distribution with over 500 pairs of flip flops. We provided over 100 families with rice, beans, wash towels, wet wipes, and a Bible.
- We brought hundreds of onesies clothes for children and medical supplies to the medical clinic that services the area.
- We brought 200 tubes of toothpaste and toothbrushes to the dental clinic being held in Remolino.
- We finally met members of Spring Well from SC, who also serves the same village we serve. We will be in ministry with them again this year and look forward to continuing to grow our relationship.
The list could go on and on, our Father really wanted to show off on that trip.
This Sunday, February 10th, we will share two significant testimonies from our 2018 missions trip involving a blind man, and God feeding a crowd. We look forward to sharing.
There will be a table in the café on February 10th and 17th where you can get more information concerning participating in this year’s missions trip on June 22-29.
– Val Vujs