We may be in unprecedented times but the most world-shaking event ever to happen was when Jesus the Messiah became the Passover lamb, died on the cross, and on the third day rose victorious! Next weekend, April 9-12, we celebrate the glorious resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Here are some ways to join your Wellspring family in celebration:
1. Maundy Thursday Service – Thursday, April 9th at 7 PM, we will hold a Maundy Thursday service on Facebook Live. Maundy Thursday marks the day that Jesus held his last supper with the disciples, before he would be arrested and led to the cross. Join us for worship and reflections from Pastor Rick.
2. Friday Fast – We are encouraging everyone to join together in a day of fasting and prayer on Friday the 10th. Fasting is forgoing some normal aspect of life, to put a priority on the Lord. Our suggestion is to fast from all media, including social media, from sun-up to sundown. Our attention and time has been filled with media. Much of it has been important, such as staying connected with friends and family, and staying aware of the situation that we are in. However, it can be a meaningful shift to give our attention and time to the Lord, and the hope we have in Him, as we celebrate His resurrection. We also encourage you to pick one hour between sun-up and sundown, and spend it with the Lord in personal worship and prayer. May the Lord meet you as you turn your eyes and heart to him.
3. Easter Celebration – Our online service! We are pleased that so many of you are joining us through this medium these last few weeks. We will be back together soon, but for now we remain the Wellspring community from living room to living room.
4. Curbside Pick-Up for KIDS’ Easter Bags – Wellspring Kids Ministry will offer an Easter Curbside Pick-Up to give kids/families Easter bags full of sanitized toys, crafts, etc. All items are clean and handled with gloves. Parents just have to drive up to Wellspring’s church doors and we will come out to you and deliver the bags to you, and bless you from afar! Kids’ Easter Bags will be available for any family who reserves them ahead of time.
- Curbside Pick-Up Will Be Available The Following Days:
- Thursday, April 9: 10am – 2pm; and Friday, April 10: 10am – 2pm
- RSVP BY TUESDAY, APRIL 7 to email@example.com
- Please let Jenn know HOW MANY Easter bags you will be picking up; and WHICH DAY you will be coming.