Sermon Application Steps: Rick McKinniss – Why Church?
Sermon Application Steps for May 16, 2021
Have you ever listened to a wonderful Wellspring sermon, and yet within a few days you could not recall the specifics? At times that even happens to us, the pastors! Even more importantly than what we heard is the question, How and where do I apply the message?
Let us help. Along with every sermon, we will now provide Sermon Application Steps to assist you in putting the teaching into action. Our desire is not to assign homework. Rather, we want to help you see the impact and the fruit that can come from applying these messages into our lives.
Pastor Rick began this practice this past Sunday, May 16. He shared these application steps at the end of his sermon. We are providing them here as well.
Thanks for listening to our messages! But more importantly, thanks in advance for taking steps of application. May the Lord bring forth spiritual growth and healthy fruit along the way.
1. You could read 1 Cor 12, 13, 14 and ask the Holy spirit to speak to you…
Where do I fit in the body? Where do I connect?
What do I have to bring?
What do I need?
2. Connect with the Lord by praying for Wellspring over this coming week
Commit to 10 minutes a day
3. Ask the Lord to bring to mind someone from the Wellspring Family you have not seen for some time and personally reach out to them.
4. I want to invite you to Connecting Conversations Thursday, May 27th at 7pm. In the café.
5. If you have yet to return to in-person gatherings, I invite you to pray about reconnecting with your brothers and sisters here at Wellspring.
Seek the lord to ask him for his mind and guidance on this.