May Your Kingdom Come Discussion Questions
Discussion Questions for 5/1/22: Give God Something to Work With
1. Review Hebrews 11:1. Discuss the relationship between faith and hope. You may want to use The Passion Translation in your discussion. Now faith brings our hopes into reality and becomes the foundation needed to acquire the things we long for. It is all the evidence required to prove what is still unseen.
2. Can you recall a time when your God inspired hope required a step or even a leap of faith? Take a few minutes and ask the Lord to reveal such a time to you. Share your stories. Share about the steps of faith, the motivation that compelled the step, and your emotions as you stepped forward.
3. Explore these thoughts further. Would you say that you were giving God something to work with? Was God’s response more or less that your step of faith? How might the outcome have been different if you did not give God something to work with?
4. Now let’s think about a current situation. Are you carrying a God inspired hope? How might you give God something to work with to bring forth this hope? Remember, steps of faith can look very different. Your step may be forgiveness, repentance, service, commitment, sacrifice, or action. Can you commit to the step you just identified?
5. Take some time to pray for each other’s situations. Pray also for Wellspring, that we will take leaps of faith to see our year verse come forth. Now is the Time, This is the Place, We are your People.